18.2 Duty to Record Mileage
- A dealer must enter the actual mileage as indicated on the odometer
onto the Used Vehicle Dealer Notice/Temporary Identification form and on the
- Exception: If the dealer knows the odometer is incorrect, the
dealer must indicate the true mileage, if known.
- Exception: If the dealer is not in possession of the vehicle,
the person in physical possession shall provide the mileage information.
- Odometer mileage reading disclosures are encouraged for all vehicles,
but are required if the vehicle is an:
- Automobile, commercial vehicle, or motorcycle,
- The transaction is an original registration or ownership transfer,
- The vehicle is less than 10 years old, and
- If the transaction involves a commercial vehicle with an unladen
weight of 8,500 lbs. or less (16,000lbs. gross weight or less).
- To calculate the age of a particular vehicle, use the following
- Current Calendar Year 2001
- Deduct 10 Years -10
- Exempt Model Year 1991