Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
26.14 Title Errors and Corrections
- The Title and/or Registration Card must be submitted to DMV to correct
most errors. Vehicle verification is required to substantiate the error.
- Exceptions: The title and verification are not required to correct:
- The license plate or sticker number
- The motive power
- The address of the registered or legal owner
- You must file a Statement of Error or Erasure (REG 101) if any error erasure,
line out, or whiteout appears on the Title. To obtain a REG 101 click here:
- The REG 101 must be completed by the person who made the error.
- Note: An error statement cannot be used for odometer errors, or odometer
- Odometer disclosures:
- When the error is made in the odometer disclosure section of a title,
the Vehicle/Vessel Transfer Form (REG 262) must be used for the odometer
disclosure and a Statement of Fact (REG 256) explaining the reason for
the separate disclosure form must be submitted with the application.