- A broker cannot accept a deposit from a consumer in excess of 2.5%
of the selling price of the vehicle described in the brokering agreement.
- A broker must refund any purchase money and purchase deposits upon
demand prior the consumer's signing a purchase agreement, and taking delivery.
- A broker must provide the consumer a refund if the final price
of the brokered vehicle exceeds the purchase price listed in the
brokering agreement, or if the vehicle is not as described in
- A broker must provide the consumer a refund if the brokering
agreement expires before the consumer is presented with a purchase
agreement meeting the terms of the brokering agreement.
- A broker must advise the consumer, prior to accepting any money
that a full refund will be provided if the vehicle is not obtained,
or if the service orally contracted for is not obtained. [V.C.