- All sellers or buyers that disclose or acknowledge the odometer
reading on a title, bill of sale, Reg. 262, or other document, must be original
signatures. “Disclosing” or “acknowledging” means
you actually saw the odometer with your own eyes before signing the document.
- Signatures by Power of Attorney are not acceptable.
- Hand printed names are required.
- Any area that requires the printed name accompanying the signature
of a buyer or seller must be completed by hand. The names cannot be typewritten
or computer generated except on an Application for Registration of New
Vehicle (REG 397).
- Completed copies of the odometer reading disclosures and acknowledgements
must be given to all parties.