Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
26.11 Non Resident Vehicle Transfers
- A non-resident vehicle is one thatwas last registered outside of California.
To transfer this type of vehicle, you submit the following:
- Complete an Application for Title or Registration (REG 343/31) To obtain
a REG 343, click here: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg343.htm
- A vehicle verification
- Any bills of sale needed to show a complete chain of ownership
- The other usual transfer documents used for standard California transfers
- Note: A bill of sale is acceptable in lieu of the seller’s
signature on the title.
- Note: The Used Vehicle Report of Sale (REG 51) cannot
be voided if the buyer returns the vehicle after operating it –
even if you have not yet submitted the transfer documents.