Class Material


Return To Index


Section 26

Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)

26.11 Non Resident Vehicle Transfers

  1. A non-resident vehicle is one thatwas last registered outside of California. To transfer this type of vehicle, you submit the following:
    1. Complete an Application for Title or Registration (REG 343/31) To obtain a REG 343, click here: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg343.htm .
    2. A vehicle verification
    3. Any bills of sale needed to show a complete chain of ownership
    4. The other usual transfer documents used for standard California transfers
      1. Note: A bill of sale is acceptable in lieu of the seller’s signature on the title.
      2. Note: The Used Vehicle Report of Sale (REG 51) cannot be voided if the buyer returns the vehicle after operating it – even if you have not yet submitted the transfer documents.

Previous Section     Next Section