Class Material


Return To Index


Section 26

Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)

26.8 Transfer of California Registration Only (Goldenrod Registration)

  1. When the California registration card states: “This vehicle not transferable”, the outstanding title (either an out of state title, or previous California title) must be submitted before a California Certificate of Title can be issued. You must submit an Application for Registration or Title (REG 343/31) form with your Title and transfer documents to the DMV. To obtain a REG 343, click here: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg343.htm .
    1. Note: A bill of sale from the owner on the Title is acceptable in lieu of the owner’s release on the Title itself. Also, a lien satisfied is acceptable in lieu of the legal owner/lienholder releasing on the Title.

Previous Section     Next Section