2009 Piper DF5 Honda Formula Ford
2014 Western Conference US Majors Winner
Sold, March, 2021
Beautiful winning car. Well sorted, and well maintained front runner.
- Numerous poles and wins, and almost always on the podium in Northern and Southern California races.
- Thoroughly sorted and developed through numerous test days and race weekends with the hands-on support of Ethan Shippert (Shippert Racing), plus much help from Doug and Doug Learned of Piper Race Cars/Fast Forward, and Ron Chisholm of Cypress Lane Racing.
- Raced full seasons in 2017 and 2018. Ran a handful of races in 2020.
- Two owner car.
Features and upgrades/include:
- PFC ZR-55 alloy calipers with the “11” compound PFC pads, plus all new rotors at same time. Fantastic improvement over original LD19s, which were good to start with.
- Penske 8760 triple-adj shocks, with work done by Bruce Ritchey’s Performance Shock at Sonoma Raceway
- Genuine Hewland 13:36 ring and pinion
- New bets installed 2020
- Two sets of the new-generation, one-piece Piper/Fast Forward forged alloy wheels (one silver one black)
- Enough rubber to get your through your first weekend and more
- One set of narrow Trailer Wheels
- Aim MXL dash/data system with integrated SmartyCam and all the sensors you could want: GPS receiver, separate F&R brake pots and steering pot and 4 separate shock traveler pots
- Hard-wired AMB transponder
- Cold Air box
- Upgraded radiator and cooling
- Spintric air/oil separator
- Bodywork is all original Piper Fast/Forward, fits beautifully, still nice and light.
- 3rd spring kit is included for front suspension, is currently installed
- Upgraded to F&R cockpit-adjustable anti-roll bars (original was front only).
- Upgraded gear shift lever/clevis package installed
- Hy-Tech ss 2-piece exhaust header, with slip-on, lightweight Coast Fab muffler.
- Detachable lower (rear) bellypan/undertray, also new after Buttonwillow.
- Car was built with aluminum floor pan, makes min weight with 1 gal of fuel and 200# driver. Can add ballast for smaller drivers
- Willing to share all setup info, gear selections, possibly even on-track data
- Third set of one-piece Piper/Fast Forward forged alloy wheels, black
- Extra gear sets to cover west coast tracks and Indy
- Spare Piper/Fast Forward Nose with minor repairs completed
- Various spring sets and misc piper hardware… maybe even a spare suspension piece or two
Car located in Northern California.
(c) 1996-2021, Motorsports Market. All Rights Reserved.