Epic end to Season 3, The CSRG Charity Challenge
November 15th, 2019
November 5, 2019 NorWest Blog Article
2019 CSRG Charity Challenge Vintage Car Road Races at Sonoma Raceway
- Art Hebert, racing the # 68 yellow Titan MK with a new Jay Ivey engine, took 1st place in Saturday’s Crossflow Cup Formula Ford Championship while setting a new track record & continued to also take 1st in Sunday’s main event race!
- Gunnar got on the track for his second race, strongly handling a mishap & improving his times!
- Andrew Wait, our Picchio sports racer teammate, qualified on the front row with Art on Saturday & finished 3rd. He repeated his podium finish on Sunday. In his First Formula Atlantic race, driving the Ex-Bobby Rahal Lola T360, Andrew finished an amazing 4th place! To top off the weekend, Andrew finished 2nd overall in the Crossflow Cup Championship, behind Danny Baker & ahead of Art who finished 3rd in the Championship standings.
- Geir Ramleth had a superb weekend in his Lotus 23, finishing first in class, and second overall.
- Alex Garden, in his ex-Canadian Formula Atlantic Champion Bill Brack March 78B that he purchased through Motorsports Market this year, finished 5th against some of the fastest Formula Atlantics in the country.